Cybersecurity Analyst (Level 1)
- Evaluate and analyze security incidents and alerts generated by the SOC and/or MSSP.
- Liaise with different internal IT teams to ensure timely response to incidents and alerts.
- Ensure different SLAs of incidents and alerts is met.
- Support the SOC and/or MSSP in analyzing and investigating security incidents and identify root cause.
- Maintain and update all network & security monitoring tools and appliances.
- Provide periodic reports of security events and incidents.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Carry out technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems to identifying potential vulnerabilities, make recommendations to control identified risks and work with those teams to ensure they are implemented.
- Conduct periodic end user security awareness.
- Periodically communicate security announcements and updates to end-users.
- Keep up to date with security trends, threats, and control measures.
- Coordinate tasks as directed by the supervisor to assist in the improvement of the security of IT systems.
- Function as initial Helpdesk escalation point
- Communicates alerts to clients regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems.
- Generates end-of-shift reports for documentation and knowledge transfer to subsequent analysts on duty
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to obtain federal and military security clearance
- Excellent working knowledge of systems, networks, and security protocols.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work both individually and within a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills with a service-oriented approach
- Work closely with the company’s Customer Success, Engineering and Sales teams
Education and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in a security analyst role
- Prefer at least Associates degree in relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience with cyber operations.
- Experience working in an operations center preferred.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts
- Industry standard cybersecurity certification, e.g. Security+ or similar is highly preferred.