Internal Support Engineer
We are currently seeking a Tier Three Engineer that will be responsible for providing support to our internal users as well as leading internal IT projects.
You will be acknowledged as the internal expert and sought after by others for leadership and understanding of complex solutions that cross a variety of technical domains. You have experience executing complex projects independently and/or as team lead.
- To provide Internal staff, customers and prospects with viable managed services solutions, and design technical solutions for IT project work presented by clients and prospects.
- Architect technical solutions and execute their implementation
- Responsible for the engineering and design of enterprise systems and services
- Break large complex systems into manageable subsystems and components, each of which can be managed by individuals or teams in a scalable manner
- Review completed service requests and incidents for errors or omissions, and identify additional actions required to resolve outstanding issues and ensure excellent customer service
- Have strong understanding of the Managed Services industry, and offerings of major IT vendor such as Microsoft, Cisco, HP, Dell, VMWare, etc.
- Help create quotes for equipment, labor, services, and delivery dates for internal IT, new and potential clients
- Able to interface with internal staff and clients to build relationships, solve problems, and build rapport (able to speak to clients without jargon)
- Need to maintain up to date technical competency on all IT offerings as well as a functional understanding of new and emerging technology
- Provide guidance and mentoring to our technical teams.
- Perform complex troubleshooting and resolution for systems at different enterprise levels, serving as escalation point from Tier 2 as necessary
- Provide accurate and thorough documentation of internal and clients’ environments, procedures, and technical notes
- Ensure that technical documentation is made available and maintained to effectively support and troubleshoot internal related issues.
- Follow the current policies and procedures for tracking activities in our various tools
- Collaborate with Developers, Systems Operations, and vendors as needed to solve integration challenges
- Mentor and assist in the management, testing, implementation, and deployment of new and existing technologies.
- Enhance or innovate more efficient tools, automation, and processes that will assist the team to solve related problems more effectively in a shorter time.
- Must be available for on-call to assist with project deadlines, this may include occasional nights and weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum four (7) years prior IT Support experience in a data center environment.
- Must have a valid and current MCSE: Core Infrastructure (and associated work experience)
- Must have a Cisco CCNP or similar networking certificate. (CCNA is not valid for this requirement)
- Must have a current VMware VCP or practical experience implementing and upgrading a VMWare Virtual Environment.
- Must have proven ability to write PowerShell scripts
- A B.S. in Computer Science is strongly preferred
- Must have practical, professional work experience in IT incident management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace, team-oriented, and dynamic environment
- Ability to mentor and assist junior technicians with troubleshooting processes
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong aptitude and the ability to pick up new technologies quickly, adapting to changes
- Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive, customer-focused attitude are imperative