Tier Three Engineer
Blue Technologies Smart Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Blue Technologies Inc. provides managed IT Services, Document Management, ECM solutions, and professional services to our clients. We are currently seeking a Tier Three Engineer that will be responsible for providing professional services to new or existing Connection customers that can include: business and technical consulting, analysis, design, implementation, system troubleshooting, performance optimization, and documentation. Services are provided both at client site and via phone, email, and Internet. In addition to the billable activity, the Tier Three Engineer supports pre-sales configuration and design activities, skills and certification maintenance, and research and technology development tasks. The Tier Three Engineer has advanced-to-expert skill level with varying practical experience. The Tier Three Engineer is acknowledged as an expert in the field and is sought after by others for leadership and knowledge of how to design and architect complex solutions that cross a variety of technical domains. The Tier Three Engineer can complete complex projects with a broad scope and is able to work independently as well as function as Lead Engineer on specific projects. The Tier Three Engineer will have moderate interaction with peers on work assignments
- Resolve complex Windows & Linux server issues escalated from first line support staff
- Responsible for the engineering and design of enterprise systems and services
- Break large complex systems into manageable subsystems and components, each of which can be managed by individuals or teams in a scalable manner.
- Collaborate with Developers, Systems Operations, and vendors as needed to solve integration challenges
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated via the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Mentor and assist in the management, testing, implementation, and deployment of new and existing technologies.
- Ensure that technical documentation is made available and maintained to effectively support and troubleshoot internal and customer related issues.
- Enhance or innovate more efficient tools, automation, and processes that will assist the team to more effectively solve customer related problems in a shorter time period.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum four (5) years prior IT Support experience in a data center environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and eager to learn attitude
- Ability to work in a fast pace, team-oriented, and dynamic environment
- Ability to mentor and assist junior technicians with troubleshooting processes
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong aptitude and the ability to pick up new technologies quickly, adapting to changes
- Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive, customer-focused attitude are imperative
- Must be available for on-call to assist with project deadlines, this may include occasional nights and weekends
- Must have an understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of Network/Server management and troubleshooting utilities
- Knowledge of Virtualization Platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, or KVM/QEMU
- Experience with TCP/IP subnetting, network switching, and routing technologies
- Good understanding of Firewall and Security appliance setup and configuration in addition to Security Protocols such as IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / OpenVPN